Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Isn't Aurora the only member from the original + #1 line-up to not have died?

Aurora/Jeanne-Marie, Northstar/Jean-Paul, and Talisman/Elizabeth suffered "psychic death" by Somon in AF (vol. 1) # 24; Walter helped save them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
I picked it up for a bit, because I wanted to see what they would do with the new character, Equinox. Sadly, the story kept stringing me along for months without her doing anything, being in costume, or even meeting the other heroes.
I didn't know there was another character named "Equinox" other than the Marvel one. It's too bad that nobody is really doing anything with characters...new or old...that I have a real interest in. Got any pictures of the DC character you can post?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
Sounds like a case of decompressed story-telling combined with the need for the Mystery.

What if John Byrne hadn't quit the book?

I find Alpha Flight volume 1 #s 1 through 28 to be more memorable than a lot of the other, more celebrated work. What constitutes "drama" in a comic-book is something I still wonder about to this day: a lot of the vulnerability of the original character's definitely lends itself to life-or-death drama. What seems to separate what is believable and what isn't believable is the amount of effort put into the plausibility of the characterizations, motivations, and plot: some creators put some thought and effort into the plausibility, some did not.