Thread: Article: Alpha Flight: True North Preview

I LOVE that they went with the original logo instead!

And I like that Brisson is addressing the brainwashed Heather murderer plotline. Maybe this thread can celebrate!

I think so too. At first I thought the mercenaries were Puck’s old crew

Default Buying online?

What is the best way to buy this digitally when it is available? I haven't delved into that world yet, but I want to support a new Alpha Flight title.

Yeah, it's about time somebody addressed it. I wish it had been Pak & Van Lente in what should have been their ongoing Alpha Flight series, but I'm still interested in seeing this.

(Somewhat unsurprisingly) REALLY enjoyed the issue!

I think the Puck story was my favourite one.

Anyone else get this through Comixology? My copy is messed up. There's dialogue from the Puck & Marrina story on art in the Snowbird/Talisman story.

I enjoyed it, for the most part, although I found the Mac & Heather story somewhat disappointing. One of the main plot points of the Van Lente/Pak storyline was that the Unity process was reversible. The elaborate charade depicted here is completely unnecessary and makes Mac come off like a creepy ass****, IMHO.

My favourite was the Puck & Marrina story, even though it had its flaws as well. Puck adventuring with Ulysses Bloodstone, that I can see easily. And heck, I'd like to see more of it. But Fat Cobra? A big part of the Seven Weapons of Heaven was that none of them had been able to travel to Earth because of K'un L'un.

Few more hours before my comic shop opens up. Can’t wait

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Anyone else get this through Comixology? My copy is messed up. There's dialogue from the Puck & Marrina story on art in the Snowbird/Talisman story.
    I've seen a few comments echoing that online. I'm holding off on redeeming my digital copy for a bit.

I enjoyed it, for the most part, although I found the Mac & Heather story somewhat disappointing.
    It was definitely the weakest of the three. Could have been a chance to do much more. Presumably it slots in before World War Wendigo so could easily never be referenced again.

But Fat Cobra? A big part of the Seven Weapons of Heaven was that none of them had been able to travel to Earth because of K'un L'un.
    Hadn't he been exiled? If I remember Immortal Weapons correctly he was established as hanging around with Bloodstone in the '30's.

I’ll get more in depth later

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

so I was right the mercs after Heather were Pucks old crew. Nice callback

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

This is a good day to be an ALPHA FLIGHT fan.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !

This turned out pretty much like I thought it would: 2 out of the 3 stories show that the creative team understands what it is to be heroic AND human, and 1 story that just doesn't get it.